Large networks break. Often. More often that we would like. Our large utility networks are sometimes old, stretched across 1,000’s of miles of countryside, exposed to extreme weather, vandalism and poor workmanship. So things go wrong more often than we would like.
When they break it is a problem. Customer’s become unhappy when critical services are interrupted. Regulators also become distressed when these services aren’t working perfectly. So to be able to predict what assets to fix when is a very valuable skill.
EXPLORE has worked with large utility networks to build out predictive maintenance programmes to minimise any interruptions. We are able to:
- See what assets have broken when with what frequency over time
- Understand the full cost of these issues
- Build algorithms to predict the interruptions into the future
- Build investment models that value various maintenance schedules
- Prepare a prescriptive long term maintenance schedule to optimise network performance